February 28, 2021
Good Movies, February 2021
- An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn, 2018 - ★ No.
- Matchstick Men, 2003 - ★★★. This one feels a hundred years old in a good way.
- Lupin III: The First, 2019 - ★★★★. Good now do this with Professor Layton
- Taboo, 1999 - ★★★★★. Happy Valentine’s Day 2021
- La Ronde, 1950 - ★★. I liked the narrator tricker figure but not much else.
- The Seduction of Mimi, 1972 - ★★. It’s like a really rough draft of Sorry to Bother You.
- Morocco, 1930 - ★★★. I loved that the C-plot of the film is that Gary Cooper owes everyone in his unit $60 because he just can’t stop hitting up prostitutes.
- St. Louis Blues, 1958 - ★★★.
- A Life of Her Own, 1950 - ★★★. Oh hey did you know that nothing matters, nobody will really love you, you’re aging wrong, and New York has never once made a single person happy?
- The Living End, 1992 - ★★★. Sharp inhale of crushed-up sophoromic film zine: Luke is a metaphor
- Guest of Honour, 2019 - ★★★. Casting the best living Lawful Evil actor as a health inspector is a damned inspired choice. Making that character the protagonist is a more curious one. I think it mostly worked.
- Monsieur Verdoux, 1947 - ★★★★.
Link Blog, February 2021
I’m wrestling with the concepts of open and accessible documents, and it’s comforting to know that the New York Times has to figure out the same
Cura, March 1, 2021
Note: The playlist embedded above will always be the most recent playlist and might not match the list below. Cura is my weekly-ish mixtape. You can