Good Movies, July 2020
- Between the Lines, 1977 - ★. Not worth it to see a very young Goldblum get into a fight wearing a half-undone dark green Alien jumpsuit in a night club, though I know it sounds like it would be on paper.
- The Foreigner, 2017 - ★★½. I’ll take Pierce Brosnan as bloviating backdoor politician vs Jackie Chan as an unstoppable Chigurh. I’ll take it all day.
- Weathering with You, 2019 - ★★★★. I’m not crying. It’s just raining. On my face.
- Color Out of Space, 2019 - ★½. Garbage, but watchable.
- Fun with Dick and Jane, 1977 - ½. This is the future conservatives want.
- Seconds, 1966 - ★★★½. Elevated twilight zone. Stomp those grapes.
- Body Heat, 1981 - ★★★★. If this was made today it would have no sex scenes and yet somehow be half an hour longer.
- I See You, 2019 - ★½. bad, but neat.
Microblog Thoughts, June 24-July 26 2020
Fran’s Not Here has 213 subscribers. I hope they’re all cats. That feeling when you read and listened to people who were abusing others for years.
July 2020 in photos