June 30, 2020
Good Movies, June 2020
- Parasite, 2019 - ★★★★★. Damn, it really is better the second time.
- The Daytrippers, 1996 - ★★★½. Absolutely my kind of mess.
- Police Story, 1985 - ★★★★. falling down is art.
- Shockproof, 1949 - ★½ (contains spoilers). Grif just straight up abandons his kid brother and blind mom there huh
- Bonjour Tristesse, 1958 - ★★½. “To live, you must be drunk on something.” A pretty decent season 6 episode of Gilmore Girls.
- Lost Highway, 1997 - ★★★.This whole vibe is just way too familiar to me. I think I watched too many sexy 90s noirs growing up. Where were my parents?
- My Dad Is a Heel Wrestler, 2018 - ★★½. The Wrestler but instead of being tragically sad it’s just wholesome and cute.
- Cure, 1997 - ★★★. Actual nightmare fuel.
- Pleasures of the Flesh, 1965 - ★★★★. I loved this film. It’s like a comically tragic short novel. Just delicious.
- If You Could Only Cook, 1935 - ★★★. Nicest gangsters ever.
- Doctor Sleep, 2019 - ½. The Episode IX of Shining movies I guess.
Microblog Thoughts, May 24-June 24 2020
Final fantasy 13 is the best “starter” ff: extra long tutorial section, focus on the battle system. Extremely streamlined and linear (a plus for
Video Game Time, May-June 2020
Uh, Animal Crossing. So much Animal Crossing. Eisee and I played Florence on Switch. It took two hours and it was just as cute there was it was on