Good Movies, October-November 2021
- Little Murders, 1971 - ★★★★.
There’s a through-line between this and the Naked Gun and someone else should make that video.
- Free Guy, 2021 - ★★★.
Vertical integration is a hell of a drug kids
- The Fury, 1978 - ★★★.
Pretty good X Men movie actually.
- Broadcast News, 1987 - ★★★.
“Why do you do this to me, is it because I won an award?”
- No Time to Die, 2021 - ★★★★.
Watched on Tuesday October 19, 2021.
- What Have You Done to Solange?, 1972 - ★★★★.
This movie greatly benefits from making most characters pretty unlikeable. I spent most of the movie having no idea who did all the murdering, which is impressive for a movie from 50 years ago.
- Dune, 2021 - ★★★★.
A real showcase of heavies
- The Shape of Things to Come, 1979 - ★.
Pretty sure this is called “Jack Palance gets boinked on the head with a beam and then blows up” but okay
- Two Smart People, 1946 - ★★★.
Want a better world? Just make more movies about charming con artists.
- Enemy, 2013 - ★★★★.
Toronto didn’t ask for that filter
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, 2021 - ★★★.
Watched on Monday November 15, 2021.
- Violet Evergarden: The Movie, 2020 - ★★★★.
I think I prefer the show’s ending, but this heartwarming one isn’t so bad either. Bring tissues.