September 29, 2020
Good Movies, September 2020
- Light Sleeper, 1992 - ★★. Not at all what I expected, but I didn’t hate what I got. A drug dealer who feels the capacity to break good, but there’s just so much pulling him down. Sarandon is fun as always. Defoe is miscast as “relatable human.”
- Class Action Park, 2020 - ★★★★. You’d be surprised what you can live through.
- Fist of Fury, 1972 - ★★★★. Rifftraxx re-watch on Amazon Prime Video.
- Modern Romance, 1981 - ★★★. DTMFA.
- Phantom Lady, 1944 - ★★★★. It seems so routine, but it really isn’t. I love the second and third act of this one, Where Ella Raines is promoted from secretary and one note character to main protagonist, determined to prove her boss’ innocence.I might be a sucker for matte painting backgrounds in noir flicks.
- Variety, 1983 - ★★★★. I’m Blair St Clair and I’m a bad girl now.
- Sullivan’s Travels, 1941 - ★★★★. About exactly what I want from everyone here. My favourite Veronica Lake movie by thirty kilometres.
- Homicide, 1991 - ★★. “Yeah I’m mad. I’m not inviting you to my birthday party!” What a line read, Macy.
Link Blog, September 2020
The Danforth bike lanes were a success, even before they were completed. On moon, Anti-Quests, and Alternatives to Heroes. How to make TV’s funniest
September 2020 in photos