How I rate wrestling matches
I like to use a 5-point rating system. What the points mean differs slightly from medium to medium, so here’s what it means for wrestling matches.
A few rules.
- No half or quarter points. We’re not splitting hairs here. We’re categorizing.
- Every wrestling match starts with no .
- The performers earn one for getting in the ring.
- The performers earn a second for coming close to performing a wrestling match, but some element (timing, chemistry, production, etc), hurt the performance.
- The performers earn a third for performing a wrestling match to a conclusion with no major issues.
- The performers earn a fourth for wrestling a technically impressive match.
- A match containing an emotionally engaging performance earns five , even if none of the other criteria are met.