Logbook, December 2-8, 2019
The watch, Plus: an unspecified amount of time at the farm with Mando and Baby Yoda in last week’s ‘The Mandalorian’ (37:57).
- Satan Met a Lady, 1936 - ★½.
I hate that this movie basically proves that we should remake stuff whenever we feel like.
Letterkenny S5, Watchmen S1, My Hero Academia S2
So I bought the Sega Genesis collection on sale this week, which included a nutso amount of games:
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Columns III: Revenge of Columns
- Light Crusader
- Streets of Rage 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Kid Chameleon
- Shining Force
- Shining Force II
- Gain Ground
- ToeJam & Earl
- The Revenge of Shinobi
- Streets of Rage
- Super Thunder Blade
- Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
- Virtua Fighter 2
- ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
- Golden Axe
- Sword of Vermilion
- Decap Attack
- Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
- Fatal Labyrinth
- Space Harrier II
- Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
- Phantasy Star II
- Golden Axe II
- Comix Zone
- Streets of Rage 3
- Alien Soldier
- Shining in the Darkness
- ESWAT: City Under Siege
- Golden Axe III
- Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
- VectorMan 2
- Altered Beast
- Beyond Oasis
- Galaxy Force II
- Alien Storm
- Sonic Spinball
- Sonic 3D Blast
- Gunstar Heroes
- Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
- Dynamite Headdy
- Crack Down
- Bonanza Bros.
- Bio-Hazard Battle
And then Nintendo decided to update the SNES and NES collections:
- Star Fox 2
- Kirby Super Star
- Breath of Fire II
- JOURNEY TO SILIUS
- Super Punch-Out!!
- Okay I got all three Affinity apps. Now I just need to unlock the dark world to get the rest of the dungeons.
- Getting from my apartment to work today https://t.co/aRJkmvsphR
- Baby Yoda being so cute is blinding us to the fact that The Mandalorian has a Xena vibe. That’s not a bad thing, but it really feels like a 90s fantasy serial.
- Mario: jumps, delight. Zelda: puzzles and swords, epic. Fire Emblem: item management, horny.
- I hope whoever built the Spotify end-of-year story gets a raise. That was a flex.
- On the other hand, listens to Discover Weekly, oh, hey, this sounds like Wilco, oh hey, this is Wilco, oh, hey, there was a new Wilco album this year? Huh.
- Gettin all my scared spouses peloton’s.
- I pay for the Peloton workout app thing. I don’t have the bike or the treadmill or the stocks in the public square. It’s expensive for a home workout app but it’s way better at not being boring. Every other workout app is a quiet room with a lonely man or a JPEG of a sit-up
- At least the grift of peloton is front-facing. They want lots of money. Giving them the money and your heart rate and they’ll maybe choose your name mid-ride. The cult part isn’t subtext. It’s right there the first time you even try it.
- We constantly joke about the other people in the filmed workout room. How’d they get there? Are they employees? Interns? The chosen? My guess is it’s a reward for 5000 workouts. Twenty minutes in the chamber.
- I just want my iPhone XR to last as long as some people’s iPhone 6’s. Five years is a noble life for a secret tiny hand computer.