Logbook, February 10-16, 2020
- Dear Diary: the science-based benefits of journaling.
- I Love Star Trek: Picard’s Romulan Murder Mom and Dad.
- Toronto, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down.
- House of Games, 1987 - ★. It’s nice to know Criterion has an “it stinks!” section.
- Something Wild, 1986 - ★★★½. “Hi I’m Charlie. Never really had any concrete convictions one way or another.”
- Knives Out, 2019 - ★★★. Pretty good, but I wish they’d leaned even more into cozycore murder mystery style.
- The Big Knife, 1955 - ★½.
- Two Weeks in Another Town, 1962 - ★★★½. Oh I could spend some time here.
Finished Carole and Tuesday (decent, but it never really hit another gear). The combo of Picard, The Outsider, and Avenue 5 continues to make for a really good winter season.
I bought Resident Evil HD Remaster on Steam for like $5. Good to just have a copy of that.
I made a new Mario Maker Level: DCB-X7F-4JF.
- Phantom You [Tube]: Fighting Our Digital Doubles.
- Aliens, Monsters and Faceless Demons: The Dehumanisation of Non-Binary People in the Media.
- Why Doesn’t Bugs Bunny Wear Pants? Cartoon Dress Sense & Feminist Theory.
- Watching the ISU Four Continents replay, and @PiperGilles and @PaulDPoirier are incredible. https://t.co/eoQjDMyIb4
- Finally began playing this on DS, in 2020. The backlog is real. https://t.co/61sRn20mhp
- Want me to listen to your podcast? Make the cover art blue apparently. https://t.co/X3Txs7OBCm
- Based on @imyke talking about iCloud apps working better on mobile, I made an Edge app. It works really well on Windows. Now if only my Reminders lists actually sync’d to iCloud…
- Getting big You Chose Poorly vibes from the new @_RelayFM show. https://t.co/bmHyXjgwP3
- What a mild snow does to the TTC https://t.co/GflCTnn6rh