Microblog Thoughts, August 27-September 25 2020
- I love that Twitter’s algorithm places Charles Manson in entertainment and Satan in politics.
- Someone remake Lovecraft Country episode 2 as a six episode mini series please and thanks
- Please, I’m begging you all. Stop posting screenshots of text nobody can read. Just, like, publish a blog post. It’s very easy.
- So there’s just no cure for snoring huh
- So for the Oscars this year, uncut gems right?
- Microsoft could move its two big Duo features - App Pairs and opening a new app while keeping your last app active on the left screen - over to Windows 10 proper and everything would be pretty good.
- I can’t wait to see what phones and laptops look like in two years after engineers have spent all that time at home.
- Oh no I like Notion
- What makes Peloton leaps and bounds above any other video workout thing is, they don’t stop. There’s a new video almost every hour. You never ever feel like you’re stuck watching a repeat. not that Apple won’t try. But that’s the challenge. it’s like the difference between Netflix and Disney+. Netflix is just relentless.
- Just give me the ability to sync an Apple Watch to an iPad. Isn’t that like, maybe the perfect combination of devices?
- What’s the right number of Apple Watch pals? I’ve got two. I feel I could handle two more before all the exercise notification send me into a loathing spiral
- I’ve owned two 3DS models: the original in purple, and the XL. The XL is so good I might just keep it charged forever, and I’ve still got a dozen or so games downloaded I want to finish.
- The emoji search bar is the sleeper best feature of iOS14 🤩🥂
Ifttt changed their business model. I can’t say I blame them. I have 83 actions running, and I almost never think about them. But IFTTT is now
RSS reading in late 2020
Yesterday’s IFTTT’s remap made me think about how I’m reading sites. RSS never fully went away for me, but now that I can’t rely on IFTTT, I’m going