Microblog Thoughts, July 26-August 26, 2020
I’m on @mikeyllorin’s new show! We were a bit all over the place which means You Chose Poorly season 2 must happen.
Every now and then a tiktok video plays that tells me to get off the app and go do something else. It’s nice I don’t know
- I have absolutely no idea how Adult Swim hasn’t commissioned another season of Space Ghost during the pandemic. Every talk show is just video calls and nonsense now anyway.
- I had to hit the “not interested” button and TikTok about 400 times to end up with a perfect algorithm of just cats. I don’t know if I have the emotional investment to do that again on Instagram￼ reels.
- Spotify Podcasts are bad, part a million: Discover Weekly is generally excellent, but “Your Daily Podcasts” is trash. None of these are clickable, discoverable. Even if I wanted more of these dreadful picks, there’s no way to look into it.
I love the rewind feature that’s built into all Switch SNES and NES games. It turns every frustrating platformer into a Braid-style reflection on the form. You start to tweak your approach not to survive but explore. Also I apparently can beat Donkey Kong Country in my sleep.
- Good Sudoku is a gift. Just a pure nice thing.
- I have no idea what to do with this information but in the hit Nintendo Switch console video game there’s way more nWo custom designs than Bullet Club.
- Medical service in Canada: That’ll be $250. Oh, but you’re employed? $130. Oh, but you have an employed spouse? $20.
Big companies are evil but my Spotify Release Radar let me know about new songs by the Mountain Goats, Eels, Tilly & the Wall, Cults, and Heartless Bastards. 2012 me is very happy right now.
- We’re two cities now: those who see this and say “sure,” and those who see this and say “nooooooope”
- Lovecraft Country e1 was like the best version of a mid-season X-File. So I’m here for that.
- Tinfoil-hat thought: Apple leaked the new iPhone so people would talk about that instead of the Fortnite stuff.
- I don’t care how expensive the new Xbox is. If it turns on and runs the games without hours of fiddling with settings, it’ll be worth every penny.
The conservative party leader is way more afraid of you than you are of it.