More Things January 14, 2015
- A Blanket Statement on Pop Culture.
- “So let no one think that in order to be defended against censorship of any kind, let alone the terminal horrors of Wednesday 7th January, a work of art or a film or a novel or a cartoon need be ’first rate’ (whatever that means).”
- My favourite new weather report: The Long John Index of Canada
- Ship Your Enemies Glitter. Evil! Evil!
- There’s some great writing Advice in this productivity survey, like: “Sports bars are perfect because I don’t care about sports, so it’s easy to drown out all the background noise, and most people at sports bars are there to watch sports, so they won’t come bug me when I’m trying to write alone in the corner, and also sports bars have the best beer and snacks.”
- I keep putting Majora’s Mask down, then picking it up months later. I’ve never beaten it, and I can’t play it for very long. I’ve figured out why: it’s nearly unbearably sad.
- “For virtually every indicator, it’s the same thing: Good news. The numbers are almost tediously positive. This is a Golden Age. For you, your family, everyone you know, and everyone else around the planet, there has never been a better time to be alive.”
January 14, 2015