Movies & TV
- Read posts tagged with Movies
- Read these same reviews on Letterboxd
- TV recommendations on Trakt
- Anime recommendations on Trakt
- Never Too Late, 1965 - ★★★.
Is there a more Herman Comics actor than Paul Ford?
- Demon Slayer — Kimetsu no Yaiba — The Movie: Mugen Train, 2020 - ★★★★.
If you asked me right after I watched it, I would have given it ten stars.
- No Sudden Move, 2021 - ★★★.
I don’t get it. Steven has money. He could buy a real camera. He doesn’t have to live like this.
- Manhunter, 1986 - ★★½.
The script was so good they barely touched it in the remake. They should have also stolen the pacing and set designs. But Red Dragon still beats this for scenery chewing performances.
- Hold Back the Dawn, 1941 - ★★★★.
A bit soapy, but mostly a fun exploration on the effectiveness of charm.
- Blow Out, 1981 - ★★.
John Travolta is bad at acting.
- The Honeymoon Killers, 1970 - ★★★★.
Lo-Fi murder spree to study/relax to.
- Paprika, 2006 - ★★★.
Sleepy rewatch on a Saturday.
- Come Live with Me, 1941 - ★★★★.
I’m so happy there’s a never ending supply of these winsome romcoms from the 40s. Can’t imagine why people would want a steady stream of charming escapism.
- Moulin Rouge, 1952 - ★★★.
What is the world coming to when a girl won’t even accept a horse?